The question posed to the MP team does not really match the question posted
here, and seems to be a tangental ask.

The problem is this line of code [1], and nothing to do with TomEE's
behavior; it defaults to JSON even though the spec states it should be
YAML.  Perhaps a clean solution would be to make this a config setting?
But seems like there's a missing TCK test as well.  I'd also question when
a browser goes here, what does it send in the Accepts header.  My guess is
most modern browsers send text/html which also wouldn't line up.

John

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-openapi/blob/master/geronimo-openapi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/microprofile/openapi/jaxrs/OpenAPIFilter.java#L57