Browser and all clients default to */* or octect/stream so the else is
never used normally and was here just to put a mimetype from an optional.

Browsers even send a kind of "all you can" value (*/*, html, xml at least).

So yes we can make this value confifurable but this never happens. Ivan's
case was even with cxf client which sets a value normally by default so it
wouldnt help I think.