The idea I had in mind is:

1 - Give a 1 week time for people to advocate for a logo. (Share the logo
in github issue)
2 - Give a 1 week time for voting (we would gather all the logos that
people advocated for and add to another github issue and ask for thumbs up)

The logo that gets more thumbs up in a range of a week wins!

So, not asking for +1 in a specific logo, but for the willingness of the
community to choose a logo using a poll mechanism.