I've cleaned up this branch so the dependencies should now be correct (and
minimal). I'm currently running a Java 8 full build with tests. Assuming
that works, I'll propose merging this to master and setting up a Java 11
build to run alongside the Java 8. That should enable folks to look at test
issues on master.

I'm hoping CXF and recent microprofile component updates will fix some of
the test issues.

Jon