Hi Rodney,

Welcome and feel free to keep the questions, suggestions, and conversations
coming.
Replying in line:

I would like to get involved to improve some documentation.

That sounds great,  This is our contributor workflow:
http://tomee.apache.org/community/contributing/workflow.html
In JIRA we have a couple of Epics and open tickets related to
documentation. You can search this by applying the following Jira Filter
[1] or the url [2]
How to test documentation and also improve the current website is described
here: [3]

How does TomEE get tested?

We use Apache infrastructure using Buildbot for its continuous integration.
You can access main builds (Ubuntu ones) URLs in the website [4] along with
complementary information.

> What do I need to be concerned about when a new version is released for
> testing?
> How do new versions of Tomcat get tested with TomEE and rolled in to the
> product?
> Writing new tests.

If this question is related with an application you currently have, my
suggestion would be to check out the release to have a first-hand set of
information about the improvements and fixes the new Tomee version has, for
example [5]. We use arquillian in the majority of cases to develop new
tests. You can check [4] to learn how to run and test the code, and [6] for
community-related articles.

[1] project = TOMEE AND type  = documentation  AND resolution = Unresolved
ORDER BY priority DESC, created DESC
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12345294&jql=project%20%3D%20TOMEE%20AND%20type%20%20%3D%20documentation%20%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20DESC
[3] https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/
[4] http://tomee.apache.org/community/sources.html
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344880
[6] https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/category/community/