Thanks so much for this.  I even started creating one myself early this
morning, ... then the rest of the day happened LOL

> On May 25, 2022, at 1:56 PM, Jean-Louis Monteiro <jlmonte...@tomitribe.com>
> wrote:
>
> Here it is
> https://gist.github.com/jeanouii/9bb6c14bdde227e2fed83fd73db3a646/revisions

Looks like we've yanked out Faces, JSTL, Mail, etc.  I suspect we're trying to
hit the line of not including APIs that are implementations.  The real trick is
even HttpServlet is completely dependent on the servlet container in the same
way Faces, Mail, JSTL, etc are dependent on their implementations.  I'm not too
sure if Activation is also considered an implementation as well -- I'm not sure
off-hand if there is a separate implementation jar.

I know we didn't include mail in our javaee-api jar, so excluding is following
that logic.  I also know we have the jakartaee-api-9.1-M2-SNAPSHOT-tomcat.jar,
which cuts out everything very close to the way we've now done it in
jakartaee-api-9.1-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar

How do we want to handle this?

Seems our options are:

 A. Leave jakartaee-api-X.jar and jakartaee-api-X-tomcat.jar nearly identical
in missing many specs.  There is no uber jar people can compile against that
has most everything.  People would need to discover which specs are missing and
pull them in individually.

 B. Eliminate having two jars, there is now just jakartaee-api-X-tomcat.jar
(which we call jakartaee-api-X.jar).  There is no uber jar people can compile
against that has most everything.  People would need to discover which specs
are missing and pull them in individually.

 C. Do what we did with javaee-api.jar and leave mail out while including other
impls.  There is something close to an uber, but still not quite as identical
to the jakartaee-api jar produced at Eclipse using the Eclipse impls.

 D. Reverse our stance on the mail thing.  There would be jakartaee-api that
contained everything including mail and it would be identical to the
jakartaee-api jar produced at Eclipse using the Eclipse impls.

Not sure where I sit on this spectrum yet, throwing it out so we all can think
in parallel.

Is it at all possible to get a similar diff for the "-tomcat" jar?

-David