On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 20:15 +0200, Sophie wrote:
> - Not enough bots or optimized builds bots to have more capacity for
> building install sets.

This was particularly miserable coming up to the feature freeze. I think
there were 80+ hour waiting times on builds on the solitary windows
bot :-(

> - Install sets by the bots are different from Sun builds that make some
> automated tests failing (why the quickstarter is available on linux
> builds? it took me some time to understand that I have to disable it first)

In general the ideal situation is that "configure" with no special
options should generate the same set of features as used by a Sun build.
Unfortunately internal and external don't use the same configuration
process so the two fall out of sync sometimes. In the short term I
reckon we should change the gtk quickstarter configure option setting to
default off so as to match the internal settings, especially as its got
a crasher in it (#i101245#). Long term it'd be better to just use the
same configuration process, that'd avoid the occasional breakage of
"configure" as well :-)

C.