Rene Engelhard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:39:49AM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> or maybe we could simply have a "convenience" flag for configure like
>> --official-build, that would simply behave as if the set of necessary
>> non-default flags were given?
>
> That would need Sun people actually touching configure when they
> change their defaults. Which they do not do (and neither tell the
> people maintaining configure..) and thus configures defaults
> always run behind (and there is Sun defaults you don't want to have
> as default in a "normal" build, like all the extensions)
You might be pleased to read that in fact we are still planning to fix
that. There is no "ready" date we could promise now, but it is on our
list and it is in the upper part of it.

Besides that, it's not only using configure or not that makes a
difference in the resulting builds, of course the "base line" and the
(system) libraries linked against are important also. I assume that you
know that, so this is just for completeness in case someone not knowing
that is reading our discussion.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".