> The problem is that the shade plugin doesn't work with pom type
> dependencies, so when the dependency reduced pom.xml is created it
> still contains the pom type dependency so all the individual Tuscany
> modules are still included as transitive dependencies, so everything
> is duplicated and both the shaded jar and individual module jars get
> included on the classpath and included in things like the webapp lib
> directory.
>
> The only easy way around this i can see is to duplicate what the pom
> type module does and include the actual module dependencies in the
> aggregate jar pom.xml. I guess  the shade plugin could be fixed but i
> have had a look but it wasn't immediately obvious where its going
> wrong, and we'd have to wait for the fixed version to be released.
> This is similar to the dependency plugin also not working with pom
> type dependencies (and is probably just another symptom of the fact
> that pom type dependencies are a little uncommon).
>
>   ...ant

I apologize for being slow and I expect it's because I don't
understand how the shades plugin work but I still don't understand
what's going on here.

More specifically I don't understand...

- what a reduced dependency pom is (it's not something that google knows about)
- why the shades plugin doesn't work with pom type poms. It seems to
be generating working aggregate jars to me
- why the appearance of transitive dependencies in projects that
depend on the aggregate jar is the shade plugin's fault. Surely this
is our fault for not marking the dependency on the base pom as
optional in the aggregate jar pom.

Simon