Hi Akila,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 6:54 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> One drawback of not having a wso2base is that in a restricted environment
> where Internet connectivity is not available, a private build server will
> not be able to build the images using Puppet provisioning if there are any
> additional packages to be installed. But if there was a wso2base image,
> those packages could have been installed to that and manually loaded into
> the build server as a one time task.

Yes this is true. However, still there is a possibility of this occurring
even at a base image building time, isn't it?

> Thanks.

I'm not against having a base image for the WSO2 Docker images. But, IMHO
the advantages should be significant for doing so. AFAIU there is no
significant advantage of doing so currently. But, this is my take only.
Therefore lets get the input from the community on this matter.

@Imesh: WDYT?

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.