Hi,

Please find the meeting notes in [1].  I have following considerations
regarding the improvements we have discussed.

(1) Even though we have configured to load the email template from
EventPublisher(analytics side), the placeholder values has to be sent as
meta data/correlation data/payload data/arbitrary data, since in analytics
side, the user claim values are not getting from the user store.
In order to send the placeholder values from IS side, anyway we have to
load the email template and retrieve the placeholders. So as I have
understood, for email notifications, it's not needed to use the email
template loading part in analytics, since it'll be a redundant task. (Refer
[2])

(2) The email templates has to be changed as follows.
    i) if the value will be provided in an arbitrary data map, the
placeholder should be with a prefix "arbitrary_"
(ex:{{arbitrary_givenname}})
    ii) if the value will be provided in an meta data map, the placeholder
should be changed as {{...}} (ex:{{givenname}})

(3) Only Text OutputMapping Content can be filled from a value in an
arbitrary data map using prefix "arbitrary_" .  It's not possible to use a
value of an arbitrary data map, in a Dynamic adapter properties, only a
value from a meta data/correlation data/payload data map can be used. I
think that need to be extended to use even an arbitrary value as a dynamic
adapter property.(Refer [3])

(4) The default stream definitions and publisher definitions has to be
deployed on super tenant as well as other tenants as well. And when a new
tenant is added, those streams and publishers has to be deployed for that
particular tenant as well.

Really appreciate your ideas/suggestions regarding the above mentioned
concerns.

[1] Invitation: [Architecture] [Discussion] Improvement to use Siddhi
str... @ Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:30pm - 5:30pm (IST) (indu...@wso2.com)

[2]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-analytics-common/blob/master/components/event-publisher/org.wso2.carbon.event.publisher.core/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/event/publisher/core/internal/type/text/TextOutputMapper.java#L108

[3]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-analytics-common/blob/master/components/event-publisher/org.wso2.carbon.event.publisher.core/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/event/publisher/core/internal/EventPublisher.java#L311

Thanks and Regards
--
Indunil Upeksha Rathnayake
Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc