Hi Chanaka,

Thank you for sending the mail.

Currently we have file inbound endpoint [1] and file connector [2] to
support file operations in WSO2 ESB.

However this is written on top of common-vfs. Common vfs support variety of
file systems or protocols. eg: ftp, samba etc. Due to that this is not
optimum for ftp/sftp. Also this provides limited options.

We have done a similar development to manage local file system using Java
NIO. [3] The idea of this project is to come up with similar inbound and
connector for ftp/sftp protocol.

Also please confirm that you are a full time student and currently not
employed since it is against GSoC rules.

[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/ESB500/File+Inbound+Protocol
[2] https://store.wso2.com/store/assets/esbconnector/
details/48bab332-c6a6-4f5a-9b79-17e29c7ad4c6
[3] https://store.wso2.com/store/assets/esbconnector/
details/9ac7accf-6535-46c2-853e-9ca75c23cdef

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Chanaka Lakmal <ldclak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in the project *Native inbound and connector for FTP/SFTP
> operations*. I would like to know more information regarding this.
>
> I am Chanaka Lakmal, an final year undergraduate from Department of
> Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa. I have the basic
> knowledge on Java NIO, File Systems and I have been working with ESB and
> connectors.
>
> Initially I went through following [1] to understand about File Inbound
> Protocol and I would like to know more about this project, especially on
> the expected outcomes and the scope of the project.
>
> [1] - https://docs.wso2.com/display/ESB490/File+Inbound+Protocol
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> *Chanaka Lakmal,*
> Undergraduate B.Sc.Eng.(Hons.)
> Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
> University of Moratuwa,
> Sri Lanka.
>
> [image: LinkedIn] <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/chanakalakmal>

Best Regards,

Malaka Silva
Associate Director / Architect
M: +94 777 219 791
Tel : 94 11 214 5345
Fax :94 11 2145300
Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77
Blog : http://mrmalakasilva.blogspot.com/

WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
https://wso2.com/signature
http://www.wso2.com/about/team/malaka-silva/
<http://wso2.com/about/team/malaka-silva/>
https://store.wso2.com/store/

Don't make Trees rare, we should keep them with care