Amos,

No one blocks you working on 208 and no one said we're not merging 208 when
it's ready. So please stop accusing community member regarding progress of
208.

More important thing i think you need to care is "Collaboration".
You don't need to worry about 702. Alternative implementation is not the
one you need to compete, devaluate and win, but the one you need to
collaborate, help and learn.

You probably heard about "Community over code" [1]. and that exemplifies
Apache project. if you can show your ability to collaborate in the
community, that proves many more thing in addition to your code.

Clearly accusing, devaluating someone else's work is not the way Apache
works. Please take one step back and look around you. Are people coming to
help you or are people scare away from you? Please think carefully about
what's the best way of spending your precious time.

Thanks,
moom

[1] http://theapacheway.com/