Github user elbamos commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/208#issuecomment-204582739

    @bzz Here's where we are:
    * I believe all the licensing, rat, and rebasing to-do's are resolved.
    * On CI, trying to follow your proposal, if we turn-off sudo in CI, then
the pyspark tests pass.
    - **BUT** To test the R interpreter, we need to be able to install the R
dependencies.
    - The base installation directory for R libraries is owned by root and not
writable, so we need sudo to change permissions.
    - The method used in 702 is to use a user-specific R preference file to
store R packages in a non-standard location.  We can't use that here, because
the R interpreter ignores user-specific preferences and directories --- this is
an intentional design decision.

    I am experimenting with a few options -- do you have suggestions?

---
with INFRA.
---