On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Jordan Zimmerman
<jzimmer...@netflix.com> wrote:
> I appreciate the desire to go through Incubator. Maybe our concerns are
> out-dated. I'll circulate this around Netflix and get some responses.

whirr recently graduated to tlp status, see flume, sqoop, bigtop,
mrunit, s4 for examples of projects that I'm currently mentoring and
are doing quite well (granted I'm not the only mentor. ;-) ). All
short of s4 and flume have had successful releases in the incubator
with minimal muss/fuss. (s4 is quite new and flume is about to put out
a release).

> WRT committer status, I don't see how it can work without us being
> committers to Curator. If we're not committers, we'll need to fork it
> internally and I've already gotten a lot of negative feedback on that
> (there are a lot of former Yahoo-ers here).

What Doug is suggesting is that while you wouldn't be able to commit
yourselves (to start with) one of the existing zk committers would
have to review/commit for you. Granted it's not an optimal situation.
That's why incubator/subproj are better imo.

Patrick