Hi Harold,

What is the latest status on Cygwin/XFree86? I want to start working on a
port of X to Windows, and figured I would start with Cygwin/X to see how
that works. I really want to build this with Open Watcom, not GCC, but I
don't know what the latest status is. Does the 4.3.0 tree build cleanly
for Cygwin, or do you need to apply some patches to make this work? I was
not able to figure out where those patches live from the Cygwin/X web
site.

Finally have you considered building Cygwin/X with the new SFU 3.5 tools
fom Microsoft? It includes native ports of GCC to Windows, which may be
better than Cygwin performance wise. I don't know however if the SFU SDK
will allow you access to Windows services or only Unix ones.

Also I don't recall if I offered to host the Cygwin port in our Perforce
server. We already have a public 4.3.0 tree that has been patched with
our SciTech SNAP driver code in it (for Linux), and I am in discussions
with some of the other members of the community about starting a new
project to take over where the XFree86 team appears to be stuck. If you
are interested let me know.

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~