David Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Finally have you considered building Cygwin/X with the new SFU 3.5 tools
> >fom Microsoft? It includes native ports of GCC to Windows, which may be
> >better than Cygwin performance wise. I don't know however if the SFU SDK
> >will allow you access to Windows services or only Unix ones.
>
> Sounds like a great idea.  A native Windows build/port would be ideal,
> IMHO.

I am working on getting both a native Windows port and OS/2 working
properly again. I would much prefer *not* to have to use my own source
tree and constantly patch in changes from thd XFree86 tree (or the X.org
tree or whatever).

Since it sounds like you think this is a good idea, can I get CVS commit
access to complete this work?

> >Also I don't recall if I offered to host the Cygwin port in our Perforce
> >server. We already have a public 4.3.0 tree that has been patched with
> >our SciTech SNAP driver code in it (for Linux), and I am in discussions
> >with some of the other members of the community about starting a new
> >project to take over where the XFree86 team appears to be stuck. If you
> >are interested let me know.
>
> The more the merrier.

I would much prefer to work within the official tree if possible.

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~