ATA accepts the incoming call. I completely understand
that you do not want to do this. If you do not accept
the call there is no call to hang up. That's why I doubt
ATH is the right command. What you want to do is reject
the incoming call. I don't know the AT command to do this.

 > >And: Why do you insist on putting this into Kannel? I agree
 > >that it CAN be done, but it is a bad and ugly design.
 >
 > Forgive me Jorg, I just want to make a try,
 > I really don't want to put it into kannel,
 > at least not in the official release, by
 > the way I'll be really glad if I'll get it :-)
 > Indeed I don't understand why I can accept sms
 > and it's ugly to listen for a ring call.

This is just my personal design principle: Build
your system from small components that do one thing
well.

Do things from a minimalistic point of view. Additional
features increase complexity and those make the overall
system more error prone and harder to understand and debug.
That's why new features should only be added if there is
no alternative that fits these principles better and
when the gains through the new feature outweight the
disadvantages.

In this case there is an alternative that at least two
people (me and Hubert) think is much better than messing
with smsc_at: a small external program that handles the
modem and forwards the request to Kannel. It's clean, it's
easy and probably more stable than a smsc_at that has to
handle incoming SMS messages and calls.

Basically that is the same reason why Lars always refused
to add such "neat" features like calling external programs
to create a SMS message or to provide an option that sends
vCards. Yes, you could do all these things in Kannel. But a
better solution is to use the existing Kannel infrastructure
(the HTTP interface) and put the additional features into
separate components.

Regards
  Jörg