Hi All,

The TON and NPI parameters are defined according to the GSM and the SMPP
standards. Unfortunately how they are used in an SMSC does not seem to be
standardised.

I have seen people using different values to achieve the same functionality
using different SMSC implementations. This is also evident from the
discussion
on the list where some SMSC's do not accept 0 as a valid TON value and
others
expect it as the default value.

Based on the requirement of trying to keep everyone happy I would recommend
making these parameters available via configuration parameters. If they are
set then they would be used but otherwise the existing mechanism should be
used to calculate the values.

Kindest Regards,
Michael.

ANAM Wireless Internet Solutions
http://www.anam.com mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+353 1 284 7555
Castle Yard, Saint Patrick's Road, Dalkey, County Dublin, Ireland