One other thing to note is that from those kernel log entries, Kannel isn't crashing per se, it's simply being killed by the OOM-killer (which picks out processes to kill when the machine runs out of memory). From those logs:

Nov  5 23:03:06 sms kernel: Free swap  = 0kB
Nov  5 23:03:06 sms kernel: Total swap = 152576kB
Nov  5 23:03:06 sms kernel: Free swap:            0kB

152MB of swap isn't a huge amount, and it's obviously being all used, on top of the 320MB of RAM you have...

What does 'top' say just before Kannel is killed? As Andreas said, it's most likely simply that your machine doesn't have enough memory. Solution: add more RAM (adding more swap is just going to kill your performance)

Cheers,