I think the problem is most probably not kannel eating too much memory but MySQL who caches all DB stuff.
So consider tuning it.

On 07.11.2007, at 08:59, Yudi Wijaya wrote:

Allison Almeida wrote:
Andreas.
I already used kannel with delivery reports in physical servers and servers within VMWare. In physical servers i detected many leaks of memory when used heavily with delivery reports, but in the VMWare the leaks grow up overthrow the bearerbox. A stable version 1.4.1 solved many leaks, but I still have problems to run in VMWare. Today i use in the VMWare only with delivery report in databases.
+ Yes, you're correct.. i already consult this problem on debian channel and all people said that
there is problem with memory..
I use VMware because i need to build & test sms gateway when i at work, home, or vacation.. i can
not bring my pc anywhere ;)

do you ever try PlaySMS MPS (Mobile Portal System)? what kind of delivery report that playsms use?
what do you mean with this statement:
"Today i use in the VMWare only with delivery report in databases."
what kind of delivery report is that?
i use this kind of delivery report:
http://server_ip/cgi-bin/sendsms? username =user&password=pass&from=number&to=number&text=some_message&dlr- mask=31&dlr-url=http://172.168.100.208/dlr.php?type=%d&slid= $smslog_id&uid=$uid

Would you tell me & give example about delivery report that you use? the kannel.conf or php source..

Thanks a lot..
Yudi