Yudi.

I use kannel 1.4.1stable in a production environment with vmware, and
because this, i "had" chose to use an sqlbox for storage my DLRs(all types
supported, like delivery report to mobile, delivery report to smsc, read
report, etc.).

With this, despite the kannel CRASHs, the DLRs are recovered from database
and the works straight ahead.

With sqlbox the leaks are minor, but still there. Like i said on later
email, without vmware, the leaks consume the memory, but don't break the
bearerbox, despite the performance's down. I think this is a problem in a
memory management(more precisely "swap management") from VMWare.

Finally, if you test the gateway with a vmware(probably a vmware workstation
version) in a notebook, be aware that the performance and benchmarks are
just approximate(because the performance of notebook, and because the
performance of vmware workstation version). I already works benchmarks and
crash tests in this way(it's so practical! :) ), but like my production is
on a VMWare Server environment, with robust host servers, the difference
appears.

With my experience, i strongly suggest physical servers for kannel
production environments.

I test some others SMS gateways, but anyone is so mature and so robust like
kannel. + Points to Developers !

Regards.

Allison Almeida.