So, PkgDB now comes with a big fat warning saying:

"Attention! PkgDB will be replaced during the week of July 10th, 2017.
Please read the following for migration instructions:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/WhatHappenedToPkgdb";

If I go there I find no "migration instructions" whatsoever, the
pararagraph on "How Is PkgDB's Functionality Being Replaced" is
ridiculously short and points to a "Pagure over Dist-Git (placeholder
link)" which obviously points to nowhere. All these "to be written" in
the timeline for June (!) don't make me overly confident in that agenda.

Saying "Do something or else" without telling us "what" nor "what else"
is a really good way to put off contributors, but no good way to get
everyone in the boat for the move.

Really, I'm all in for weeding out the git branch madness that we have
now in dist-git (too many cherry-picks, insane merge directions) and I
do hope that entanglich branches from releases will help that purpose.

But please, take a step back and think about how and what you
communicate to packagers, that is "infra-users".

Michael

Adam Samalik venit, vidit, dixit 04.06.2017 12:43: