On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 05:57:53PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> mistake that caused files to go missing, and was never detected by the person
> making the change, because of the use of globs. So I agree it is good practice
> to explicitly list files without globs whereever it is practical todo so. I'd
> make an exception for files which don't have functional impact eg don't list
> 1000 HTML files individually, but it is always worth listing everything in
> /usr/bin, and /usr/lib(64) explicitly without globs.

I used to agree with this, but I've come around to thinking that spec
files should be smaller, less complicated, and more automatable. I
think we'd be better having a post-build test warning that this package
has files missing from the previous build. That could be advisory, or
it could even gate, with the packager clearing the gate by updating the
file list in the test, rather than in the spec file.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>