Thanks for bringing some attention to this, Ben. I don't do a whole lot of
packaging, but I admit there are some places where the workflow could be
improved. I'd be willing to join the group and help where I can.

Some notes off the top of my head that I ran into recently:

- fedpkg hides quite a few tools underneath, and it's not always clear which
tool is running. This becomes a nuisance when a tool requests a password, since
quite often you just get a "Password: " prompt. I think bodhi does exactly
that, and every time it does I scratch my head trying to remember if I should
provide the GPG passphrase, FAS account password, or something else.

- Related to the previous one, error messages could be improved. Recently I had
to renew my Pagure token so I could request a new repo. I renewed my token,
found the config file, updated it... and nothing changed. Turned out it was the
wrong config file - old, legacy location maybe? Don't know. My point is, it'd
be helpful if every error that says something like "value X in config is wrong"
would also specify which config file it's talking about.

- fedpkg clone performs the clone over ssh, instead of HTTPS, so if you're not
logged into your FAS account, you get an "access denied" error, which is as
amusing as it's irritating, given that the package repos are public.

- Now that I've mentioned it, maybe we should add something like "fedpkg
fas-login"? Personally I've put "alias koji-init='kinit
my-fas-acco...@my-domain.org'" in my .bashrc, because looking up how to solve
the "koji says I'm unauthenticated" error got boring after the third time.

Cheers,
A.I.