On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 7:52 AM Björn Persson <Bjorn@rombobjörn.se> wrote:

> Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Dne 10. 01. 19 v 20:47 Artur Iwicki napsal(a):
> > > - Now that I've mentioned it, maybe we should add something like "fedpkg
> > > fas-login"? Personally I've put "alias koji-init='kinit
> > > my-fas-acco...@my-domain.org'" in my .bashrc, because looking up how to
> > > solve the "koji says I'm unauthenticated" error got boring after the
> > > third time.
> >
> > If you used Gnome Online Accounts, you would not need commands/scripts
> > like this.
>
> I've seen that mentioned a few times. What exactly is this "Gnome
> Online Accounts", and is there a reasonable way I can use it without
> having to endure the rest of Gnome 3?

GOA is an aspect of the GNOME Desktop that supports linking online
accounts to your user. When you log into Google, ownCloud or
Nextcloud, and so on during initial setup, those are stored in GOA.

GOA has the ability to store kerberos logins and initialize them as
part of your login session, too.

You cannot leverage GOA without the GNOME Desktop. KDE has its own
system, but I am unsure if it has Kerberos support like GOA does.

Pantheon Desktop has its own thing too, but that doesn't support Kerberos.

> I want my FAS passkey stored in a keyring, encrypted with a master
> passphrase, and I don't want to have to authenticate in advance with a
> separate command. When I do for example "fedpkg build", I want to be
> prompted for the master passphrase to unlock the keyring, unless the
> keyring is already open. Then the FAS passkey shall be fetched from
> the keyring and used in the Kerberos authentication, while the master
> passphrase never leaves my workstation. But I don't want this at the
> cost of having my productivity hampered by Gnome 3.
>
> I have poked around trying to find some "Online Accounts" program or
> package, but I didn't find anything I could run from another desktop.

Sorry, you have to take the good with the bad in this case, sadly. I
live with the constant kinit runs because GNOME is too much for me to
bear. I consider it an acceptable trade-off really. The only reason
GOA has Kerberos support is because of all the enterprise desktop
stuff.