Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 12:28:37AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> The problem does not only happen if the module is a non-leaf at module
>> level, but there can also be conflicts at package level, if the modules
>> bundle non-leaf packages that then conflict between the 2 modules.
>
> Yes. I'm less worried about that because I think containerization is the
> right answer for most of these cases. I realize that reasonable people can
> disagree with me on this, but it's definitely the general trend on
> servers, devices, and desktops.

And I think you are absolutely wrong, for the reasons I have already stated
in:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/LODBTWKZAKR2XPW2AAVVGFKYQH24FLKF/

I shall also point out that there is no difference between module-level
conflicts and package-level conflicts there: both can be "solved" by
containerizing the conflicting modules. But this is a very heavy workaround
for a conflict that is really the distribution's job to avoid. (I would even
argue that this is even the whole purpose of a distribution, as opposed to
just downloading random software directly from random sources.)

        Kevin Kofler