On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 23:57:03 +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:

> Did you at least check if the packages were used by something else? ...

No, and that doesn't interest me at all. I am not doing EPEL packaging,
and I consider it inacceptable that somebody assigns five years old EPEL
tickets to me and expects me to handle the tickets as well as the packages.

> That's because per-branch maintainership is no longer "supported", as
> mentioned on recent other threads.

That doesn't sound good.

Is it anything final that has been communicated on devel-announce list
in a clear way? Or is it buried beneath hundreds to thousands of posts
on devel list?

> It seems the "support" in PkgDB was also a "lie", because BugZilla
> doesn't even support default assignees per-branch.

It just worked, and when somebody opened a ticket about an EPEL package,
the EPEL-specific maintainer became the assignee _by default_. Whether
bugzilla knows a separate "default assignee" is beyond my interest,
unless somebody or some script reassigns tickets to me which are not of
my concern.