On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 00:56, Fabio Valentini <decatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > It seems the "support" in PkgDB was also a "lie", because BugZilla
>> > doesn't even support default assignees per-branch.
>>
>> It just worked, and when somebody opened a ticket about an EPEL package,
>> the EPEL-specific maintainer became the assignee _by default_. Whether
>> bugzilla knows a separate "default assignee" is beyond my interest,
>> unless somebody or some script reassigns tickets to me which are not of
>> my concern.
>

> Did you actually read what I wrote? I said "per branch maintainership" is not
> supported, and never really was. But I explicitly wrote that you're able to
> make a destinction between bug assignees for fedora and EPEL versions of your
> package ...

You are talking in riddles then. Either bugzilla can handle different
assignees for EPEL and Fedora, or it can't. Even prior to pkgdb, we
had a list in cvs with different "package owners" for EPEL and Fedora,
and e.g. for rpmfusion I created a script that synced the data to
bugzilla, so we could create new components in bugzillla and update
them, too, simply by running a script periodically. It just worked.
EPEL package had different assignees than Fedora packages. And orphans
would be assigned to orphan owner appropriately.

> So what you want to achieve (not get bugs for EPEL component assigned to you)
> still works today and will keep working, with UI for it on the way ...

As in the original email that starts this thread, I never signed up as
a maintainer for EPEL packages and don't want to become an assignee
(and/or "default assignee") for them either. In this mysterious pagure
webui I cannot even see what I'm assigned to and what fellow packagers
are assigned to. All I see for "claws-mail" is that there is only a
single "member", but I cannot see any data that would give hints about
what's up with the EPEL packages.