On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 08:39 -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 08:19 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Fedora gets to build and ship a slightly-modified version of Firefox while
> > retaining the Firefox name due to a distribution partner agreement with
> > Mozilla. Mozilla gets their money from Google. I don't think we *can* make
> > it something else -- it's part of the price we are paying in order to use
> > the non-Free name.
> >
> > See: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox_Rebranding:Worksheet#Start_page
>
> Good catch.  More fallout of the Mozilla trademarks...  (Am I starting
> to sound like Kevin?)

It doesn't seem to be an unavoidable requirement, it says:

"If you proposed Start/Home Page is not similar to the existing Firefox
Start Page, please be prepared to provide a rationale for the change,
and how it would benefit the end-user. "

I think we could manage such a rationale.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey