Am 04.10.20 um 21:01 schrieb Samuel Sieb:
> On 10/4/20 9:36 AM, Marius Schwarz wrote:
>> And still,we do not know why the f33 livedisc does not boot at all when
>> inserted early
>> AND
>> why grub-install /dev/USBDRIVE  (correct devicename ofcourse ) is
>> overwriting the ssd boot setup, instead of the usbdrive bootconfig.
>
> You can't use "grub2-install /dev/USBDRIVE", that's for non-EFI
> systems.  And as Chris explained, you can't use "grub2-install" either
> or it will mess things up badly.

So, this is a loose-loose-situation.

Still, how the heck could the system be installed in the first place,
because it was booted with secure-boot enabled? :)

>   If you have the usb drive EFI partition mounted at /boot/efi, then
> re-installing "grub2-efi" should fix the grub install on your usb drive.
>
> As for why the live image isn't booting, that really seems like a BIOS
> problem.

hard to tell, when there is nothing to debug on.

So i need to try the update to F32 (first version not to boot on usb)
and see what happens :(

ok, thanks to all for the affords.

best regards,
Marius