On 10/5/20 11:21 AM, Marius Schwarz wrote:
Am 04.10.20 um 21:01 schrieb Samuel Sieb:
On 10/4/20 9:36 AM, Marius Schwarz wrote:
And still,we do not know why the f33 livedisc does not boot at all when
inserted early
AND
why grub-install /dev/USBDRIVE  (correct devicename ofcourse ) is
overwriting the ssd boot setup, instead of the usbdrive bootconfig.

You can't use "grub2-install /dev/USBDRIVE", that's for non-EFI
systems.  And as Chris explained, you can't use "grub2-install" either
or it will mess things up badly.

So, this is a loose-loose-situation.

Still, how the heck could the system be installed in the first place,
because it was booted with secure-boot enabled? :)

I don't understand why you think that would be a problem. You left out the following line.

   If you have the usb drive EFI partition mounted at /boot/efi, then
re-installing "grub2-efi" should fix the grub install on your usb drive.

When Fedora is installed on a UEFI system, the "grub2-efi" package is installed which puts grub on the EFI partition where it should be. If you want to fix the grub install, then you need to reinstall that package with the right EFI partition mounted at /boot/efi.