On Fri, 2021-08-20 at 23:29 +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 8/20/21 9:32 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 11:03:27PM +0200, Iago Rubio wrote:
> > > Right now, I was aiming for rarian.
> > > Should I go fot it or I'd rather search for other package on the
> > > wish
> > > list ?
> >
> > That sounds fine to me to revive it. You might mail Mukundan
> > directly
> > about it. He may be willing to sponsor you and help out...
>
> I would offer a different opinion here.
>
> I am not sure it's worth keeping rarian alive at this point: any app
> that's maintained upstream has by now been migrated away from
> scrollkeeper (rarian-compat) and I think removing rarian from the
> distro
> would be a good nudge to remove all the rest of the obsolete packages
> that still depend on it.
>
> It's awesome that you are looking for ways to work on Fedora, but I
> would rather let rarian go at this point.

It's ok for me, no problem at all.

I got it right now on Copr, already building - but on ELN but will make
a separate email about this - so I can let it there once a give it a
last cleanup.

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/iago/rarian/

If it's better to completelly get rid on it, no problem as well, will
remove it from there.

For me it was a nice learning exercise.