On 2013-07-03 2:28, Ian Malone wrote:

Tooling issues aside (and it is undesireable that bugs should get
marked fixed if they haven't been) I think this rule is wrong under a
strict reading. If an update claims to fix two bugs and fixes neither
then neither is the *only* change (highlighting is on the guidelines
page), yet obviously the rationale for this rule does not apply in
that case.

I was kinda hoping people would be able to draw the obvious interpretation there. That page (like just about everything I write...) is too long already, I really don't want to make it any longer.

Pedantry aside, there is another case: where the update is meant to
fix a bug and the maintainer has tried to do this by pulling in an
upstream update that might not otherwise have been picked up (e.g. a
git hash which has added a feature in the process of fixing the bug).
The upstream update might be part of the change, but it was not the
purpose of the change.

I'm not sure what conclusion you're drawing here?

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey