On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 12:55:11 -0700
Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> wrote:

> As discussed up thread, this is not the current policy and I'd really
> prefer people don't do this. -1 is a Serious Thing, not to be used
> lightly.

Sorry, you are right.

> If an update claims to fix multiple bugs and *does* fix some of them
> and doesn't make anything worse, it should be +1ed, not -1ed. If that
> leads to some bugs that weren't actually fixed being closed, we can
> re-open them. We should not delay useful fixes going out due to
> bureaucratic details.

I think the key part here is the 'doesn't make anything worse'.

Ie, 10 bugs on a update, 9 of them are fixed, but the one that isn't
causes data loss that wasn't present before this update, etc.

> (The update submitter can edit the not-fixed bugs out of the update
> before it goes stable to avoid them being closed, if s/he is paying
> sufficient attention.)

Yeah, I agree... just trying to answer too many emails at once. ;(

I'd add that you could note _on the bug_ or in a comment on the update
(with +0) that whatever bug you see attached to the update that isn't
fixed isn't fixed, so the maintainer knows and can remove it from the
update or evaluate how bad it is and decide what they want to do.

kevin