On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 08:48 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> While I certainly think clang should be fixed on ARM, it's important
> to note:
>
>  * clang doesn't work on i686/x86_64 either *    [1]

Just a reminder, while the llvm package is nominally mine, my interest
in it extends exactly as far as llvm, and even that is grudging.  That
clang is built from the same srpm is only because llvm upstream don't
give you any other way to build it, afaik (and if this changes I will
happily fix the packaging to reflect it).

I am happy to have comaintainers.  Honestly I'd mark it cvsextras+ if
that was still a thing we had.

> In both cases you have to hack the standard RPM flags, otherwise
> compilation fails.
>
> Therefore all arguments about ARM being dropped as a primary
> architecture for not supporting clang, apply equally to x86.

Except that on x86, if you hack out -fstack-protector-strong, floating
point code will compile and link, where on arm it will not even get as
far as compiling.

- ajax