Am 12.09.2014 um 18:33 schrieb Nathanael d. Noblet:
> So I don't use Firefox anymore but I do know back in the day if we had
> FF open when we updated it would do a double request for each page/form.
> However when updating we just restarted FF and it would work fine after
> that. I've never noticed any other issues than FF but like I said I
> don't use it anymore.
>
> Granted that doesn't matter obviously we don't want that kind of
> behaviour.
>
> I am curious though. Everyone says the only way to do it securely and
> safely is with nothing running. Why can't updates be applied with stuff
> running prior to a reboot?

1 out of a million cases needs offline updates

really - the only good at it is that you can stick
at using YUM and decide what you have to do at your
own - rarely updates really require a reboot

* lsof | grep DEL | grep /usr and restart services on servers
* logout/login and the above on workstations