On 09/12/2014 07:09 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
never worked relieable here on multiple machines

it often showed nothing where i knew the thing
which should be restarted without looking and
"lsof" proved it

I am one of those guys who refuse to reboot after each upgrade (and it works for me) and needs-restarting is ugly and insufficient to me.

Therefore I initiated this project:
  https://github.com/FrostyX/tracer
  http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/frostyx/tracer/

It is still not finished and ready for announcement, but if you are looking for some other way than offline-upgrade, this might be worth of participating.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS