On 10/22/2011 03:42 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:

Used q2f04rc firmware in my old XO-1 (os882) and I got repetitive EC corruption
requiring removal of battery to reset.
The most reliable method to trigger  corruption is to suspend the XO-1 (power
button).
All the XO lights go off there is one blink of the camera led, then the charge
light comes up for 1 second (while not plugged in an outlet), then everything
goes off (no blinking power light).
On wakeup keyboard and touchpad are dead, but an external mouse works fine.
On restart after that, OFW suggests to reset the EC by removing battery and
power plug.
Before I stumbled on the suspend trick, I had a keyboard miss-mapping that also
required EC reset to fix.
Back to q2e48 everything is back to normal.

Thanks for testing. I'm traveling and the XO-1 I have with me is just a bare PCB so I'll have to wait and look at this when I get back.

--
Richard A. Smith  <rich...@laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child