On 10/31/2011 12:34 AM, Kevin Gordon wrote:

RS:
Symptoms identical using multiple batteries, same XO.  Same batteries
worked fine in another XO. No flashing red using Q2E48, see Flashing red
over time using the rc, even with A/C in.

EEPROM read errors don't change based on the presence of external power.

So, now with a fixed target, upon physical inspection, the copper prongs
inside the battery compartment seemed 'bent'.

Not sure why the new firmware would do the flashing red for this
problem; but,

The new firmware has a lot of validity checks on data reads. If the reads were resulting in invalid data then thats why you would get an error.

I realigned the prongs, put the batteries in, and I no
longer get any flashing reds, just perfectly charging batteries, all
three; and watch-battery shows no errors.

Glad it was something simple.  Bent prongs is a new one.

--
Richard A. Smith  <rich...@laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child