On 10/31/2011 03:34 PM, Hal Murray wrote:

Ahh... found it.  I only get the red LED if the battery is fully charged.

What do you call the LED next to the battery LED that indicates that the
system is running?

The power LED.

  That's tangled up in this confusion too.  I've seen my
system running when that LED is off and seen it turn on when I poke the
power-off button and back off when I try to start the system.  I'll call it
the CPU LED.

Starting with a full battery and no AC, the pattern is:
   battery LED is off, CPU LED is on
   close lid
   short delay
   CPU LED goes out
   few second delay
   battery LED goes orange
   few second delay
   battery LED goes red
   pause
   open lid (I've got it setup to auto start)
   system goes active, CPU LED stays off, battery LED stays red, keyboard
doesn't work

Thanks for everyone's help testing. I'm back in the US now and tried this on a XO-1 in a system rather than just a bare board. I've duplicated the problem. I'll work on fixing the problems and make a new release.

--
Richard A. Smith  <rich...@laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child