New week, new review: the memories. Let's begin with the DRAM:

- nitpicking: the official names of pins 20 and 47 of U14/U15 are
  LDM/UDM, not LDQM/UDQM

- the DRAM data sheet [1] says the -5B version (which is what we
  have) needs Vdd = VddQ = 2.6 +/- 0.1 V for DDR400 operation. If
  operating at a lower speed, it is content with 2.5 +/- 0.2 V.

  Do we plan to operate the DRAM in M1r4 at DDR400 speed ? If
  yes, we should consider raising the voltage.

  2.5 V is also supplied to the JTAG board and to the FPGA. The
  FPGA (I/Os are configured as SSTL2_I for DRAM, TBD for the
  revision) should have no issue with raising the voltage to
  2.6 V. Not sure about the JTAG board.

A data point for the termination resistors: Micron recommend to
place them halfway between sink and source. (Page 11 of [2],
and the theory is on page 4 of [3].) Note sure how picky we
have to be given the relatively short distance between FPGA and
DRAM. I'd be a bit more concerned about matching trace lengths.

[1] http://download.micron.com/pdf/datasheets/dram/ddr/512MBDDRx4x8x16.pdf
[2] http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/DDR/tn4614.pdf
[3] http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/TN4606.pdf

I also had a brief look at the NOR and didn't find anything
suspicious there.

- Werner