On Jul 16, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Don Kerr wrote:

Pasha added configure switches for this about a week ago:

   --en|disable-openib-ibcm
   --en|disable-openib-rdmacm
I like these flags but I thought there was going to be a run time check for cases where Open MPI is built on a system that has ibcm support but is later run on a system without ibcm support.

Yes, there are.

- if the /dev/infiniband/ucm* files aren't there, we silently return "not supported" and skip ibcm - if ib_cm_open_device() (the first function call) fails, we assume that IBCM simply isn't supported on this platform and silently return "not supported" and skip ibcm