I can add in head of  query function something like :

if (!mca_btl_openib_component.cpc_explicitly_defined)
   return OMPI_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED;

Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Jul 14, 2008, at 3:59 AM, Lenny Verkhovsky wrote:

Seems to be fixed.

Well, it's "fixed" in that Pasha turned off the error message. But the same issue is undoubtedly happening.

I was asking for something a little stronger: perhaps we should actually have IBCM not try to be used unless it's specifically asked for. Or maybe it shouldn't even build itself unless specifically asked for (which would obviously take care of the run-time issues as well).

The whole point of doing IBCM was to have a simple and fast mechanism for IB wireup. But with these two problems (IBCM not properly installed on all systems, and ib_cm_listen() fails periodically), it more or less makes it unusable. Therefore we shouldn't recommend it to production customers, and per precedent elsewhere in the code base, we should either not build it by default and/or not use it unless specifically asked for.