On Dec 1, 2009, at 5:52 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> So perhaps it can become a param in the downcall to the MCA base as to whether the priority params should be automatically registered...?

I can live with that, though I again question why anything needs to be automatically registered. It sounds like we were lazy, and so now we have things happening automatically that can confuse people.

That pretty well sums it up.  :-)

Question: if the system automatically registers a priority param, and someone sets a priority with it, then what happens when the component returns a different (possibly hardwired) value? Does MCA base ignore what was set and use what was returned? I assume that is the case...

If the component re-registers a priority param with a new default value, that new default becomes *the* default (overwriting the prior default value that was registered).

Is that what you're asking?