Folks,

I tried to push some trivial commits directly to the master branch and
was surprised that is no more allowed.

The error message is not crystal clear, but I guess the root cause is
the two newly required checks (Commit email checker and
Signed-off-by-checker) were not performed.

As a kind of workaround, I created a PR so these two checks can be
performed and the commits marked as good, and then fast forwarded my
master branch and pushed it into master.

I do not think these checks can be performed "on the fly" by the
GitHub servers, so if they are marked as required, it means it is no
more possible to push directly to master.

Is this a behavior we expected ? If not, are we fine with it ?
Generally speaking, should we always issue PR and use the GitHub merge button ?

/* note if the commit is trivial, then it is possible to add the following line
[skip ci]
into the commit message, so Jenkins will not check the PR. */

Cheers,

Gilles