It seems we are all on the same page, so I am fine to keep things as is too.

IIRC, GitHub.com does not allow any *user* pre-commit hooks for
security reasons.

"Auto-merge when all CI completes" would be a nice feature to have,
but I am not sure this
is something we want to develop and maintain.

Cheers,

Gilles