17.12.2013 21:08, Graham Cobb:
On 17/12/13 19:01, Damien Caliste wrote:
think you need an API (library or QML import) for your Harbour app that
is not yet approved, let us know on sailfish-devel.
I posted before about the Glib stack with Cairo,   that propose a stable API,
that may help to port applications to Sailfish. Namely, glib-2.0, gobject-2.0
and cairo-1.0, plus some other low-level libraries, like libsoup, libcurl or
libjpeg-turbo. I know they are low level and Qt provides abstractions for them,
but when porting, it's easier to keep these low level libraries, which have a
stable API anyway. QML is used for UI on Sailfish in that case with these low
level backends (already available in Mer).

What do you think ?
I support this, at least for Glib/Gobject.  Glib is a useful library
and, for any app which uses it at all, it will be likely to be
completely embedded throughout the code.  While the GUI of such an app
will need to be reworked for Sailfish, the 80% of the code which
actually does something might be able to be left relatively untouched.

Graham
I'm also all for this! :)
I'll specifically point out that Cairo is a very nice
vector drawing library and should be included.
While there is the QtQuick 2.0 Canvas API, it seems to
be GUI-only, without support for file output,
which might be something many applications would like to
do when doing simple image manipulation.