Den 13. mars 2014 19:22, skrev Iosif Hamlatzis:
Thank you very much, I've just tested my game using the XDG basedir and
it worked so I can continue my port of the game by modifying the rest of
the code.

Just one question, will the folders under .config/.cache/.local be
removed if I uninstall the game? I've noticed that using the XDG basedir
to read the environment variables I get something like:
..../..../<MyGameName> but no folder is created, so I programmatically
created the <MyGameName> folder and placed my config (read/write) files.

Since the GUI from the emulator doesn't uninstall the actual game I ssh
into the emulator and called "zypper remove <MyGameName>" and it was
uninstalled but the folders with all their contents I had created
weren't erased. If this happens in the actual device then at some point
there isn't going to be any space available on the device.

I think you shouldn't worry about it, just leave the files in $HOME alone. I believe one of the reasons Jolla Harbour is trying to enforce that Harbour apps only write app-specific stuff into $HOME/.config/appname (instead of anywhere it likes under $HOME) is so that it will be easy for the Jolla Store to remove that directory when uninstalling. I don't think it does it yet, but it appears to be what they want it to do eventually. In any case, the rpm itself shouldn't worry about it.