On 04/04/2014 04:00 PM, Carsten Munk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There has been a lot of discussion surrounding SailfishOS, the open
> source parts of it (incl. middleware within Mer and Nemo Mobile
> project) and collaboration methods/practices -- and that we can do
> better than how things are today.
> [...]
> The focus point is about the SailfishOS stack's current open source
> components and how we can improve the experience of contributing,
> communicating regarding and participating in them as well as
> encouraging this.

Just to clarify that I understood the above statement correctly, this
meeting will be only about SailfishOS as a platform?

In the space of applications and not platform, there is the lingering
and continuously unaddressed point of "something like maemo-extras",
which still has seen ZERO public reaction from Jolla (the company, not
personal statements from people who happen to be sailors). The community
is here to help, but by now I have the feeling that this particular ship
has sailed, forever. Acknowledging that Jolla has accepted the status
quo would be OK too.

Still frustrated and waiting for clarity in Jolla's intentions - It
takes two to Tango.

Thomas